1. What is about Orlando Bloom that makes you love him so much?
That's actually a tough, multi-part answer. Okay, I start with the obvious. He's beautiful and um... yeah... I can be shallow in that way. But he exudes such a zest for life, like he's grabbed on tight with both hands and refuses to let go. He seems genuine and loving, compassionate and caring. I know he was especially nice to me on an individual basis when I met him, but I also know that personal appearances are still "work" for celebs. But the eyes don't lie. I love that he's so obviously thankful for what he has and what he's accomplished and he really cares are his fans--it's right there in those big brown soulful eyes. And his smile--I love it!! When it's full and wide and real--I'm all over that! I also love his ability to change, yet remain the same guy--whether in his roles or in day-to-day life. His comedic timing has me in stitches. His humanitarian pursuits. His love of family--including Sidi. His sweetness and his ability to retain his innoccence, though sadly, it seems to be fading. I also love his willingness to help like One.org and Global Green, etc. Basically, I love everything about this guy--well--except that damn mohawk and I blame Liv for *that* particular fiasco, and thank god *that's* over! ;)
2. What's your favorite moment in Elizabethtown and why?
I've got to answer this in 3 parts.
1. For sight alone, the moment the flips closed that phone and smiles at Claire after they meet up at Otter Creek. It makes me melt.
2. For the geek quality, dancing in that damn Brown Hotel robe with the green socks--something I figure he picked out and used to make the character his own. No one else in t heir right mind would be wearing those socks! No one except our Orli!
3. The moment he realizes Claire is gone from his bed and he runs to the window to look for her. That lighting and subject matter is a pohotographers wet dream! I'd give my lense for that moment and the pleausre of capturing it!
AND HOW CAN ANYONE EXPECT *ME* (of all people) TO PICK JUST ONE MOMENT?!?!??? There's getting lost and banging the steerng wheel, his smile at the sharpened knife, his eye rolling at flight attendant Claire's "I'll draw you a map" comment, his smile when he's dreaming of his dad, his hesitant touch of his father's still hand, rescuing the "loudest kid in the world", his teasing Claire at Cave Hill Cemetery, the sad smile he gives Claire in the lobby while clutching his father's urn, His admiration of his mom, the look of respect on his face at the site of Dr. Martin Luther King's death and Oklahoma City bombing... You get where I'm going with this, yeah? LOL
It would be easier to ask me if there's any scenes I don't like! And yes, there's one that makes me cringe every time. LOL
3. Drew Baylor aside, who is your favorite Orlando Bloom character?
OY!! Man... you ask the hard ones! I honestly don't know if it's Will Turner or Paris. Let's call it a draw. Leggy and Balian too. Though the more I see Kingdom of Heaven, Balian may ultimately win this. Just not Joe Byrne. That hideous fur on his face makes me want to hurl. (sorry to any JB/Ned Kelly fans)
4. What's your favorite thing to do when you really want to have a good time?
Read while out the sun with a nice cool breeze blowing. Easy and free. Well, except for the printer cartridge and paper costs for printing out my beloved fanfic. ;)
5. What's the one place you wish you could go on vacation?
Anywhere. Seriously. With no money, going to the grocery is practically an occasion to send a postcard.